Position Title: Converge College Enrollment and Support Specialist
FULL TIME POSITION (40 hours per week)
Company Overview: Founded by Takema M. Robinson, in 2016, Converge is a Black woman owned social-justice consulting firm whose purpose is to accelerate the creation of a radically just new world, where communities of color thrive. We use an organizing framework to shift power so communities of color are self-defined and self-determined. To do this, we organize people and resources to build a robust social justice infrastructure to enable strong leaders, organizations and movements to grow.Converge is owned by its parent company Elysian Enterprises.
About our work: Converge Consulting uses a strategic framework to shift power so communities of color are self-defined and self-determined. Converge organizes information, people, and resources to build a robust social justice infrastructure across the U.S. South where strong leaders, organizations and movements grow.
- Radical Imagination: We are the freedom dreams of our ancestors and the architects of a future for the coming generations.
- Agency: We believe liberation demands people access their power to uphold the humanity and dignity of all people.
- Collective Action: We believe dismantling historic oppression requires collective and strategic action to create a radically just new world.
Position Overview: Converge College, Converge’s newest business line, dedicated to training and equipping nonprofit leaders and professionals with racial and intersectional equity tools for their organization launches on February 7, 2022. The Enrollment and Support Specialist will report directly to the Converge College Dean. This position will have a pivotal role in supporting launch activities such as course sales, student enrollment, student experience activities, course inquiries and communication, support group monitoring, technical support to students, and other duties as assigned by the CC Dean.
At Converge, there are a lot of moving parts. The Enrollment and Support Specialist will need to stay on top of each assigned project and task. You will need to present information and respond to questions and inquiries from prospective and current students in a timely and diplomatic manner.
The ideal candidate is someone who LOVES being helpful, who is service-minded and detail-oriented enough to be super organized amidst occasional chaos but flexible enough to enjoy the unpredictable nature of our days. We are seeking someone who juggles diverse responsibilities with grace and humor and possesses the knack to anticipate the needs of the team and effectively resolve admin and operational issues before they arise. Candidates with a history of supporting course enrollment management, learning communities, and developing presentation slide and pitch decks and are social media savvy with strong editing skills are encouraged to apply.
- Be a calendar gatekeeper: prioritize, provide recommendations, edit meeting requests, ensure that timing and logistical details are in place.Includes serving as technical support, monitoring inquiries, and facilitating Q & A sessions.
- Plan and coordinate external-facing meetings, which may include cross-functional teams and outside vendors.
- Respond to students and lead inquiries in a timely manner and escalate to CC leadership when necessary.
- Encourage and moderate conversations and content in CC community spaces.
- Monitor student experience, launch and lead/sales workflows and notify CC leadership of processes and feedback.
- Review, track, and support CC application workflows and support communication regarding status and acceptance.
- Assist in managing the content and engagement calendar for CC.
- Support pre, during and post course launch activities. Including sending surveys and coordinating focus groups and interviews with students.
- Contribute to designing, development, implementation and evaluation of CC services and products.
- Coordinate and support course communication and meeting activities such as orientations, class sessions and end of course celebrations.
- Update and manage student profiles and contribute to CRM workflows and sales funnel processes.
- Other Duties may be assigned
- A minimum of 1-3 years nonprofit industry experience (post-college) including at least 2 years minimum in an enrollment specialist position
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Qualitative or quantitative research experience.
- Mission-driven passion for work in Black communities, other communities of color, and other historically marginalized groups.
- Comfort in operating with a high level of independence and efficiency, coupled with a desire to be a part of high-performing teams.
- Strong scheduling, calendar management skills and attention to detail
- Advanced understanding of Google Drive suite.
- Internal and external resourcefulness when solving problems
- The ability to design and edit graphic presentations and materials
- Ability to thrive in a playful, high-energy and entrepreneurial environment that relies heavily upon technology and is geographically dispersed.
- Ability to build strong relationships and work with people at all levels of an organization
- Superior planning and project management skills, with a keen attention to detail
- Experience in editing content and developing slide and pitch decks
- Poised, confident, and mature with the ability to effectively interact with key stakeholders
Bonus points if you have:
- Exceptional social media chops
- Outstanding technology fluency (a knack for understanding and evaluating apps and hardware)
- Graphic design experience
- Customer Orientation
- Continuous Learning/Development
- Job/Organizational Knowledge
- Makes Effective Decisions
- Displays Vision
Benefits: We have an unlimited vacation policy–work hard and take time when you need it. We also offer a generous health package.
Applications Instructions: **Qualified candidates are welcome to apply. Please include your resume along with any professional references and a writing sample for consideration**
*Converge Consulting LLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We work hard to ensure diverse slates of candidates for openings at our company.