Position Title: Project Coordinator
FULL TIME POSITION (40 hours per week)
Company Overview: Founded by Takema M. Robinson, in 2016, Converge is a Black woman owned social-justice consulting firm whose purpose is to accelerate the creation of a radically just new world, where communities of color thrive. We use an organizing framework to shift power so communities of color are self-defined and self-determined. To do this, we organize people and resources to build a robust social justice infrastructure to enable strong leaders, organizations and movements to grow.Converge is owned by its parent company Elysian Enterprises.
About our work: Converge Consulting uses a strategic framework to shift power so communities of color are self-defined and self-determined. Converge organizes information, people, and resources to build a robust social justice infrastructure across the U.S. South where strong leaders, organizations and movements grow.
- Radical Imagination: We are the freedom dreams of our ancestors and the architects of a future for the coming generations.
- Agency: We believe liberation demands people access their power to uphold the humanity and dignity of all people.
- Collective Action: We believe dismantling historic oppression requires collective and strategic action to create a radically just new world.
Position Overview: The Project Coordinator role at Converge goes above and beyond the typical admin scope. You will become the right hand to multiple consultants and the heart of each project team’s operations. Your day to day will be a mix of administrative support and project support. Beyond that, you will handle impactful projects and become deeply involved in the business. This role largely operates behind the scene. You’re the glue of our consulting teams and the driving force that keeps Converge moving.
- Be a calendar gatekeeper: prioritize, provide recommendations, edit meeting requests, ensure that timing and logistical details are in place.
- Plan and coordinate external-facing meetings, which may include cross-functional teams and outside vendors.
- Support team members and projects by filing expense reports, analyzing timesheets, and making purchases.
- Develop and maintain administrative processes that reduce redundancy and improve accuracy while achieving organizational objectives.
- Perform research and data analysis for client deliverables.
- Assist in administering projects, including managing project scope, resources, budget, and timeline.
- Coordinate among multiple project teams, including details about work schedules and task responsibilities via Monday.com, Slack and email on a continual basis.
- Assist the team with invoices and resolve any financial issues thereof.
- Maintain and track consultants and teams project tasks and goals.
- Help facilitate meetings by structuring agendas, taking notes, and organizing work streams.
- Assist in document management, compilation, distribution and storage.
- Communicate with partners, clients, consultants, subcontractors and other external sources on a professional level.
- Initiate administrative processes for efficiency; draft team playbooks and procedures.
- A minimum of 2-3 years nonprofit industry experience (post-college) including at least 1 years minimum in a consulting capacity (e.g., working for a consulting firm or running a solo practice).
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Presentation and facilitation experience.
- Qualitative or quantitative research experience.
- Mission-driven passion for work in Black communities, other communities of color, and other historically marginalized groups.
- Comfort in operating with a high level of independence and efficiency, coupled with a desire to be a part of high-performing teams.
- PMP certification preferred
- Strong scheduling, calendar management skills and attention to detail
- Advanced understanding of Google Drive suite.
- Internal and external resourcefulness when solving problems
- The ability to design and edit graphic presentations and materials
- Ability to thrive in a playful, high-energy and entrepreneurial environment that relies heavily upon technology and is geographically dispersed.
- Ability to build strong relationships and work with people at all levels of an organization
- Superior planning and project management skills, with a keen attention to detail
- Experience in editing content and developing slide and pitch decks
- Poised, confident, and mature with the ability to effectively interact with key stakeholders
Bonus points if you have:
- Exceptional social media chops
- Outstanding technology fluency (a knack for understanding and evaluating apps and hardware)
- Graphic design experience
- Customer Orientation
- Continuous Learning/Development
- Job/Organizational Knowledge
- Makes Effective Decisions
- Resolves Conflicts Constructively
- Displays Vision
Benefits: We have an unlimited vacation policy–work hard and take time when you need it. We also offer a generous health package.
Applications Instructions: **Qualified candidates are welcome to apply. Please include your resume along with any professional references or Projects you have recently worked on for consideration**
*Converge Consulting LLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We work hard to ensure diverse slates of candidates for openings at our company.