Title: Senior Consultant
Reports to: Principal Consultant
FULL TIME POSITION
About Converge: Founded by Takema Robinson in 2016, Converge Consulting is a Black-owned, woman-owned social justice consulting firm whose purpose is to accelerate the creation of a radically just new world where communities of color thrive. To do this, we organize people and resources to build a robust social justice infrastructure to enable strong leaders, organizations and movements to grow. Converge is owned by its parent company Elysian Enterprises.
About our work: Converge uses a strategic framework to shift power so communities of color are self-defined and self-determined. To do this, we organize people and resources to build a robust social justice infrastructure to enable strong leaders, organizations and movements to grow.
About our values:
- Radical Imagination: We are the freedom dreams of our ancestors and the architects of a future for the coming generations.
- Agency: We believe liberation demands people access their power to uphold the humanity and dignity of all people.
- Collective Action: We believe dismantling historic oppression requires collective and strategic action to create a radically just new world.
Position Overview: Senior Consultants are responsible for managing Converge’s client team as they serve our client partners. Senior consultants work closely with consultants and project coordinators to manage the overall project from kick-off through closing, fulfilling the client’s intended objectives through the completion of project deliverables. This role also serves as a key internal partner in the creation of content across business functions, learning solutions (instructor-led training, webinars, self-directed e-learning materials and other training materials) that aligns with Converge internal business goals to improve organizational performance.
What you’ll do:
- Manage project schedules, budgets, resources, communications, quality, and risk management
- Diagnose and frame client challenges and opportunities in a broad range of service lines (e.g. criminal justice, education, workforce development, health equity)
- Contribute to all phases of client work as a team leader and/or member (including project design, project management and implementation, preparing final deliverables, and presenting findings)
- Design, implement, and evaluate programs and initiatives, by attending working meetings, retreats, and working sessions with clients, internal teams and organizational partners
- Support the development and growth of new and existing team members, including connecting them to the broader picture of client engagements
- Advance the intellectual and reputational capital of the firm (e.g., writing blogs and newsletters, presenting at conferences, etc.)
- Provide business development support by developing new client relationships, contributing to proposal development (source RFPs, writing proposals, participate in interviews, etc.)
- Create, organize and categorize all tools, templates, processes and work samples in Converge’s electronic resource library
- Refine documentation, design and deliver training around the Converge Way Consulting Handbook annually
- Partner with Principal Consultant, and Consulting Team on ideation and refinement of tools, templates, processes, and work samples
- Assist in identifying experts to delivery training modules for Converge
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced education preferred; however, experience can be substituted
- Demonstrated experience creating content across business functions and design learning solutions that align with Converge’s internal business goals to improve organizational performance
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years experience in learning development, adult education, or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Google Workspace (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Gmail, etc.), ability to utilize project management, messaging, and video comm applications such as Monday.com, Slack, and Zoom
Qualities We’re Looking for:
- Mission-driven passion for work in Black communities, communities of color, and other historically marginalized groups
- Adept at viewing and problem solving with an equity lens
- Ability to thrive in a playful, high-energy, entrepreneurial environment that relies heavily upon technology because the team is geographically dispersed
- Emotional intelligence with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Poised, confident, and mature with the ability to effectively interact with key stakeholders
- Ability to build strong relationships, work with people at all levels of an organization, and motivate the team
- Proven ability to achieve high performance goals, and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to adapt when there are competing demands and shifting priorities, and demonstrate the highest level of client customer service
- Comfortable operating with a high level of independence, coupled with a desire to be a part of a high-performing team
- Exceptional organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Internal and external resourcefulness
- Adept at navigating an environment where there may be some ambiguity
- Proven ability to manage proprietary client and confidential information with discretion
- Ability to travel whenever necessary
Bonus Points If You Have
- Experience working in a consulting firm or professional services environment
- An understanding of non-profit or philanthropic organizations
Converge Consulting LLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We work hard to ensure diverse slates of candidates for openings at our company.
Salary Range: $60-70K